TopTenz Author: Mark
Top Ten Facts About Mark Hill
- He lives in Calgary, and has a degree in Political Science from the University of Calgary.
- He’s obsessed with the Calgary Flames, even though they often break his heart.
- He spends too much time playing video games, because that’s way cooler than being a productive member of society.
- He doesn’t watch much TV, but he can probably recite every episode of The Simpsons from memory.
- He’s also a big science fiction fan, just in case it wasn’t already clear he’s a huge nerd. William Gibson is a favourite of his, and he’s seen Blade Runner about a million times.
- His other favourite authors include H.P. Lovecraft, Kurt Vonnegut and Guy Gavriel Kay.
- He also enjoys photography. He’s terrible at it, but it makes him feel artsy.
- The list he’s most proud of is Top 10 Disgusting Shots, because it took hours of painstaking field research.
- His favourite list on the site is the hilarious Top 10 Amateur Music Videos, and he one day hopes to be just like Denny Blaze.
- He’s always on the lookout for writing opportunities, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hate mail and sexy talk is also welcome.
The Latest 10 Top 10 Lists by Mark:
- Top 10 Halloween Costumes Perfect For Humiliating Your Dog
- Top 10 Undeserving Indie GoGo Projects
- Top 10 Important Speeches That Were Never Given
- Top 10 Reasons The British Royal Family Is Awesome
- Top 10 Disgusting Attempts To Mix Bacon With Other Foods
- Top 10 Baffling Works of Justin Bieber Fanfiction
- Top 10 Animals That Do Drugs
- Top 10 Reasons The United States Should Be More Like Canada
- Top 10 Worst Wikipedia Pages & Articles
- Top 10 Christmas Decorations (That Will Ruin Your Christmas)
- Top 10 Worst Halloween Candy for Ruining Halloween
- Top 10 Undeserving (Yet Successful) Kickstarter Projects
- Top 10 Works of Art That Took Over 1000 Hours
- Top 10 Worst Types Of Video Game Achievements
- Top 10 Flaws Modern Video Games Shouldn’t Have
Dogs can’t eat candy, but that doesn’t mean they can’t go trick-or-treating! Actually no, wait. We’re wrong. They can’t trick or treat. They’re DOGS. But this hasn’t stopped a bunch of companies from designing elaborate costumes for your pooch to contemplate murder in. And yes, several of them are sexy. It IS Halloween, after all.
IndieGoGo is a website where people with ideas but no money ask for donations. Much like its cousin, Kickstarter, many of these people have no money for a reason. Donating to these 10 projects would be a bigger waste of your cash than using hundred dollar bills to test your new blender. 10. Breathometer Alcoholics, […]
We all remember JFK’s “Ask Not” speech, and Chuchill’s “We Shall Never Surrender” speech. But many other powerful speeches are often overlooked, probably because they were never given. They only exist on paper and in an alternate universe where circumstances allowed their author to get in front of a microphone and talk.
The new future King of England is here! But in 2013, does it even matter? Why, of course it does! Despite having no real authority, England without its Royal Family would be like eating chocolate cake without the frosting: technically possible, but far more boring. Here are ten reasons why the House Of Windsor should endure forever.
Bacon may be the food of the gods, but that doesn’t mean it goes well with everything. In fact, many foods turn downright disgusting when given the cured pig meat treatment. Here are ten examples of why we’re sticking with simple bacon and eggs from now on.
Justin Bieber is a common target of mockery on the Internet, but in all seriousness, we kind of respect the guy. Sure, his music sucks but, since we’ve finished puberty, we’re not his target market. What’s important is that he’s handling his fame as well as any teenager could reasonably be expected to (the occasional […]
Let’s get one thing clear before we begin: at the risk of sounding controversial, TopTenz does not endorse drug abuse. It will ruin your life, and you should be doing more productive things with your time anyway, like reading TopTenz lists. That being said, animals that do drugs are hilarious. Some animals do them for […]
Hi! I’m TopTenz’s token Canadian, and I’m here to explain why you apple pie eating, baseball playing, llama-molesting Americans should be more like your northern neighbors (llama molesting is a stereotype about Americans, right?) Whatever, the point is that Canada is awesome, and you could be too. So throw on your hockey jersey, pour yourself […]
Wikipedia is the greatest collection of knowledge humanity has ever assembled, but some of that knowledge didn’t need to be collected. Among the articles about key moments in history and great works of art, lie pages that document the inane and irrelevant in painstaking detail. Are they tributes to man’s insatiable thirst for knowledge, or […]
Christmas is a time for joy, but the creators of these decorations are doing their best to induce confusion and rage. If anybody gives you one of these as a present, Santa and Jesus agree that it’s alright for you to temporarily forego the Christmas spirit, and give them the gift of a backhanded slap. […]
Halloween is one of the greatest days of the year. When you’re a kid, there’s nothing better than being encouraged to go out and stuff your face with as much candy as you can get your hands on. Halloween is fun for adults too, as handing out candy is a nostalgic reminder of our youth. […]
Kickstarter is a website where people beg for money to help them complete a project. Many of these people are crazy and, while most of their mad dreams die well-deserved deaths, every once and awhile a baffling project somehow manages to succeed. Projects like… 10. World’s Largest Jockstrap Artist Michael Barrett had a dream: to set […]
Great art takes time. Da Vinci worked on the Mona Lisa for four years. Each list here at TopTenz is handcrafted over a period of months by elite list writing artisans deep in the Swiss Alps. And while the following works aren’t as illustrious, they all required at least 1000 hours of labour from their […]
If you’ve played a video game lately, you’re probably familiar with achievements. For those of you with social lives, achievements are little objectives in games that, when completed, reward you with points. You can then show off how many points you have to all your friends, because why play video games if you can’t brag […]
It’s 2012. Our cell phones are more intelligent than us, we can download more hours of pornography than there are hours in our lives, and flying cars are right around the corner (maybe). And yet video games still have the same flaws they’ve had for years. Flaws that should have been fixed long ago, like… […]