Write For Us
We pay $50 through Paypal for all top 10 lists we accept.
We welcome and encourage all our readers to create and submit their own top ten list. If you don’t have a top ten list but you have an interesting idea, send that in as well. Your chances of getting a list accepted increase dramatically if you can follow these guidelines:
- Your list must have 10 items.
- Spell check and then spell check again.
- Format your list with descending numbers (10 to 1, with 1 being the highest rank).
- Introduction: all lists should have an introduction.
- Consistency: consistent heading names, consistent measurements (i.e. All empirical, not mixed up with metric), etc.
- Context: each item should answer who, what, where, when (where appropriate).
- Clarity: sentences should make sense, please proof and then proof again.
- Content: A) PG rated B) accurate: unless it’s an opinion – content should be backed up (if research was required it should mention the source as well as link to the source).
Length: at least 1,200 – 2,000 words (just a loose guideline – it depends on topic)
- Be original, we don’t publish lists from other sites.
- Be bizarre; the more odd the list is, the better.
We will supply any graphics that would be needed, so you only need to write the list. But if you think certain graphics should be included, please send us links.
We’ll give full credit and a link to your own site or blog if you have one (no commercial links). Get your 15 minutes of fame!
You can Email TopTenz directly and attach your list.
By submitting your list, you agree that TopTenz.net has the full right to publish your list and that you are the author of this list. Furthermore, you agree that once your submitted list is published on Toptenz.net, Shell Harris (representing Toptenz.net) becomes the sole owner of all copyright, and publishing and other rights related to the list content. Unless specific permission is granted to the author, we do not allow republishing of articles that are submitted to Toptenz.net. This means you cannot publish your accepted submission on any other site without our permission. So don’t do it.