TopTenz Author: Evan Andrews
Top 10 Facts about Evan Andrews
- He lives in Richmond, VA and attended college in the great state of North Carolina.
- He has an obsession with books, movies and music that borders on unhealthy. He writes a blog about movies at www.theseventhartfilm.blogspot.com
- He enjoys fishing, and is always on the lookout for the elusive large mouth bass. Maybe even a catfish or two.
- He is a big soccer fan, but is way too out of shape to actually play it.
- Darts are more his speed.
- He loves history, especially the weirder stories that tend to fly under the radar.
- He plays the keyboard. Badly.
- He had way too much fun and wasted way too much time researching the Sasquatch for the Top Ten Cryptids list.
- He was a big fan of the "Top Ten Best Comebacks” list, and has been trying to find ways to work them into everyday conversation.
- He’s always looking for more writing opportunities. E-mail him at: email@example.com
The Latest 10 Top 10 Lists by Evan Andrews:
- Top 10 Possible Authors For The Works of Shakespeare
- Top 10 Short Films Available Online
- Top 10 Session Musicians and Studio Bands
- Top 10 Famous People Who Didn’t Actually Exist
- Top 10 Santa Legends From Around the World
- Top 10 Strangest Monarchs
- Top 10 Most Haunted Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Format Wars
- Top 10 Lost Technologies
- Top 10 Longest Sporting Events
- Top Ten Fictional Brands from Movies and TV
- Top 10 Most Famous Thought Experiments
- Top 10 American Cars Not Sold in America
- Top 10 Invention and Discovery Controversies
- Top 10 Experimental Towns and Communes
Despite William Shakespeare’s status as a literary giant, a small but vocal group of scholars, playwrights, actors, and conspiracy theorists have long argued that he is not the true author of his plays. Even though the vast majority of Shakespeare scholars have rejected it, this theory has become increasingly prominent since the 1980s, and has […]
Short films rarely get major releases these days, so it’s no surprise that even serious movie fans often neglect them. But with the rise of websites like YouTube, shorts have finally found a viable exhibition platform. The following are ten of the most famous short films available online. Whether they’re art pictures, the early works […]
Session players are the unsung stars of the music industry. As temporary members of big name bands, they step in during recording or touring to fill in the gaps in an act’s lineup, and often learn their parts in only a matter of hours. While front men and bandleaders might get the bulk of the […]
Thanks to urban legends, pranks, and the use of pseudonyms, there have been a number of people who managed to get famous without having to go through the hassle of actually existing. Some were used for shady marketing purposes, others served as tools for building hoaxes, and one was even responsible for encouraging early medieval […]
The tradition of children receiving gifts during the month of December is relatively the same no matter where you go in the world, but the character that brings the gifts can vary quite a bit from country to country. It is true that the American version of Santa is rapidly catching on abroad, but in […]
Thanks to their sheltered lives and the adverse effects of inbreeding, a lot of history’s kings, queens, and other royals became known for their eccentricities. There was Countess Elizabeth Bathory, who delighted in torturing her servants and was even rumored to bathe in the blood of virgins; there was Gian Gastone of Italy, who was […]
Visit even the smallest of towns in the U.S. and you’re likely to hear some local ghost stories and discover a few haunted houses. But some American cities have gained the reputation for being particularly ghost-ridden thanks to their rich and often bizarre historical backgrounds. The following are ten of the most haunted cities to […]
A format war occurs when two incompatible versions of a similar technology begin to compete against one another in the market. In almost every case, one of the two formats wins out in the end, either because of a better marketing strategy or a superior product, leaving groups of unlucky consumers with an obsolete technology […]
The world has never been more technologically advanced than it is now, but that doesn’t mean that some things haven’t been lost along the way. Many of the technologies, inventions, and manufacturing processes of antiquity have simply disappeared with the passage of time, while others are still not fully understood by modern day scientists. Some […]
By now we’ve all heard about the epic tennis match that happened recently at Wimbledon between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut. That 11-hour marathon has now earned its place in history as one of the longest sporting events on record, but it’s certainly not the first time that a competition has simply refused to end. […]
Product placement has become downright pervasive in movies and TV, but that doesn’t mean that every brand we see onscreen is something available in stores. When licensing real world products isn’t possible, filmmakers often resort to using made up brand names in their place. Some of these have become director trademarks, while others have become […]
Thought experiments are mental concepts or hypotheses, often resembling riddles, which are used by philosophers and scientists as simple ways of illuminating what are usually very dense ideas. Most often, they’re used in more abstract fields like philosophy and theoretical physics, where physical experiments aren’t possible. They serve as some hearty food for thought, but […]
It comes as little surprise that there are certain foreign-made cars that aren’t sold in the United States. From the Nissan Skyline to certain special editions of the BMW M3, there are plenty of high performance machines that the Germans and the Japanese don’t market to Americans. But what’s not as well known are the […]
History books will often lead you to believe that the world’s great inventions and discoveries were the work of a single person with a flash of genius, but the reality is rarely that simple. In most cases, it was only after years of work and input from countless inventors that something was finally created. Still, […]
The notion of a utopia—a perfect, egalitarian, and harmonious paradise on Earth—has been a recurring theme in literature and storytelling for hundreds of years. It all started with the philosopher Plato’s book Republic, and it’s since been expressed in other books including Thomas More’s Utopia and Edward Bellamy’s Looking Backward, as well as in films […]