Here is collection of 10 best tongue twisters to tie your tongue. These were hard enough to type much less to say. I found it amusing that the title to this post was a tongue twister: Top ten tongue twisters. Say that ten times fast, while reading these tongue twisters. If you have any favorites, please add them to the comments.
- She sells seashells by the seashore.
- The sixth sick sheikh’s sixth sheep’s sick.
- Six slippery snails, slid slowly seaward.
- Black bug bit a big black bear.
But where is the big black bear that the big black bug bit?
- A skunk sat on a stump.
The stump thunk the skunk stunk.
The skunk thunk the stump stunk.
- If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
How man pickled peppers would Peter Piper pick?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
And chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would
If a woodchuck could chuck wood
- A tutor who tooted a flute
Tried to tutor two tooters to toot.
Said the two to their tutor,
“Is it harder t toot or
To tutor two tooters to toot?
- I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit.
And on a slitted sheet I sit.
I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit.
The sheet I slit, that sheet was it.
- Betty Boughter bought some butter
But she said the butter’s bitter
If I put it in my batter
It will make my batter bitter
But a bit of better butter will make it better than the bitter butter
So she bought a bit of better butter
And put it in her batter
And her batter was not bitter
So t’was Betty Boughter bought a bit if better butter and put it in her
batter and her batter was not bitter.