TopTenz Author: geoffTop 10 Things about Geoff Shakespeare
- He’s lived in Japan for the last six years but will soon return to his hometown of Vancouver, Canada.
- While in Japan, Geoff developed a taste for corn dogs. He considers this the most ironic thing that happened in his time there.
- Geoff loves movies, comics, TV shows, books, and anything else you can enjoy while sitting.
- He tweets links and non-sequiturs at http://twitter.com/G_Shakespeare
- Geoff has been hit by moving vehicles twice in his life. Only one was his fault.
- Besides pop culture, his other abiding interests are politics and history. When all the other kids were stoked to go drinking on their 19th birthdays, he was more excited to vote.
- His favourite list he has written was the one about movie scenes of people playing games, because it was a little odd.
- His favourite Top Ten list written by someone else was Michael Curran’s picks for the Top Ten Mr. Show Sketches. Because it, and Mr. Show are awesome.
- Geoff has a three year old daughter whose favourite expression is, “Yeah, I know.”
- He can be reached for writing opportunities, love letters, and hate mail at email@example.com (but please don’t send hate mail).
The Latest 10 Top 10 Lists by geoff:
- Top 10 WWII Propaganda Posters
- Top 10 Saturday Night Live Hosts
- Top 10 Must-See Japanese Films
- Top 10 Muckrakers
- Top 10 WWII Infantry Weapons
- Top 10 Whistle Blowers
- Top 10 Music Producers
- Top 10 Child Stars Whose Lives Were Not Ruined By Fame
- Top 10 MacGuffins
- Top 10 Hilarious Websites Of Human Misery
Although the First World War technically took place in the same century, World War II was undoubtedly the war of the 20th Century. Unlike the earlier conflict, which was a culmination of events deeply rooted in the 19th Century, WWII fully reflected the technological, political, and cultural trends of the century in which it took [...]
Hosting Saturday Night Live is a pretty thankless job. Hosts, who often having little or no comedy training, are expected to come in on a Monday and be hilarious by Saturday. Add to that that the show often has no idea what to do with the guests hosts besides some lame sketch that capitalizes on [...]
Approaching an entire nation’s cinema can be a daunting challenge. Especially when that nation’s movie history is a hodgepodge of genres and styles like Japan’s is. In the last 100 years or so, Japanese cinema has produced works of great beauty, greater weirdness, and in the process has influenced scores of filmmakers around the world. [...]
A lot of nasty things go on behind closed doors. Free from scrutiny, groups, governments, and companies often get up to no good, safe in the belief that their images will remain squeaky clean, no matter how filthy their actions may be. If not for the brave actions and dogged determination of a few men [...]
The Second World War was the greatest, bloodiest conflict in human history. Millions were killed, empires rose and fell, and no corner of the planet was spared the destruction, fire, and death it left in its wake. Although it is often remembered as the first technological war, many of the battles of WWII were fought [...]
Everyone has secrets. But while they may be terribly embarrassing or humiliating to the people who keep them buried year after year, their exposure rarely makes a ripple beyond the outer boundaries of their lives. But people aren’t the only ones who carry secrets. Powerful institutions like governments and business also sometimes have information they [...]
The annals of Pop Music history are rightly filled with the talented and charismatic men and women who played, sang, and danced their way into the public consciousness. Fans memorize their songs, see their shows, and most importantly, buy their records. But great albums and singles don’t just come out of nowhere. It takes a [...]
Considering the scandal, tragedy, and failure that typically plague child stars after their careers end, you’d think any parent would keep their child as far away from a Hollywood studio as humanly possible. Yet, despite the numbers of child actors who end up as drug addicts, alcoholics, criminals, or worst of all- reality show participants, [...]
Originally popularized by Alfred Hitchcock, the term “MacGuffin” refers to the object in a movie that drives the action. In most cases, what the MacGuffin actually is irrelevant. It exists solely to get the characters moving and drive the plot forward. The only real requirement is that it must be something people are willing to [...]
It’s seems like people have always been hardwired to laugh at the misfortune of others. It transcends all cultures, nations, and ages. As you read these words, a group of school kids in Hong Kong are peeing their pants laughing at a kid who did a faceplant into a mud puddle, somebody in Paris is [...]