TopTenz Author: Ash Grant
Top Ten Facts About Ash Grant
- Ashley, or Ash. I hate my name. Too popular. Call me what you will :)
- Lives in MD, in the middle of nowhere. Nothing like cow pastures and land. At least the mountains are pretty.
- Works for the government working with computers, but has a nursing degree. Don't ask.
- Has two sisters and a brother. She's still the cutest one.
- Has a boyfriend and puppy named Luke. Gets confusing sometimes, so she just calls one the "cute Luke," and the other "not you, him, Luke."
- Loves reading weird stuff. James Joyce? Yeah, weird.
- Mu$ic iz her l1f3. But really, she thinks music is great.
- Doesn't watch too much t.v., she thinks it serves better as background noise, but she does like watching The Discovery Health Channel as well as the Military Channel. Weird combo.
- Wants to pursue some sort of career dealing with writing and English, but probably won't.
- Loves writing and has been doing so for years, and hopefully years to come!
The Latest 10 Top 10 Lists by Ash Grant:
- Top 10 Famous People (Celebrities) Who Have Had Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Top 10 Deadliest Riots
- Top 10 Photojournalists
- Top 10 Insanely Hard Marathons
- Top 10 Feral Children Stories
- Top 10 Bizarre Plants
- Top 10 Fastest Military Airplanes
- Top 10 Famous Nurses
- Top 10 Worst Oil Spills
- Top 10 Most Expensive Desserts
Weight loss. It’s one of the most common New Year’s resolutions, the thorn in some of our sides, and the word that fights gluttony on a daily basis. For some, the simple equation of taking in less calories than you burn on a daily basis usually works and yields visible results. For others, however, more [...]
Riots occur when people are hungry; hungry for food, knowledge, and even power. We all know what a riot is and how tragic they can be when they turn deadly. Most riots happen when a large group of people are unhappy with a certain event or a certain person or group of people. Riots often [...]
In today’s world, photojournalism isn’t something that is heard or spoken of much anymore. With the Internet providing us with places such as YouTube, DeviantArt, and other online sources created just for sharing amateur photography, it’s really no surprise that photojournalism is slowly becoming a dying form of art as well as media. However, those [...]
By definition, a marathon is a long-distance running event that is officially listed at 26 miles long. The marathon dates back all the way to the time of the Greeks when a messenger named Pheidippides supposedly ran for miles and miles from a battlefield near the town of Marathon to Athens to announce the Persians [...]
Sir Francis Galton coined the term ‘nature vs. nurture’ over 150 years ago, exploring “whether heredity or the environment most impacts human psychological development (behavior, habits, intelligence, personality, sexuality, aggressive tendencies, and so on)” (cliffnotes.com). Those who believe in the nurture part think that humans learn according to how they are taught and what goes [...]
There are about 375,000 species of plants in the world today, with more being discovered on a daily basis. Plants come in all different sizes, shapes, colors, and even scents. We’ve all seen the common household plants: ferns, orchids, violets… but most of the plants on this list you’ve probably never seen in real life. [...]
It is said that the first use of military aviation occurred in 1794 during the Battle of Fleurus when the French were able to use an observation balloon to secretly watch where Austrian soldiers were moving during the battle. Though successful at the time, many advances have been made within the realm of military air [...]
In today’s world, nursing is a very popular field of study and a career as a nurse is becoming more and more demanding. However, it took decades for the career to actually gain some sort of credit and recognition. It wasn’t until the 19th century that nursing was truly valued, when many remarkable individuals, mostly [...]
Oil spills have occurred ever since we began to harvest it for various uses, as a result of human error, laziness, or pure ignorance. Most recently, the devastating Deep Water Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has been all over the news- oil was pouring out of the blown rig for almost 100 [...]
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first. (Ernestine Ulmer) Sure it’s great to have a nice hearty meal, but what’s a nice meal without the perfect dessert to end the night? There’s nothing better than being able to enjoy something sweet and tasty: cake, cookies, pie, pudding, or anything else- as long as it has sugar [...]