TopTenz Author: Elizabeth Downing
Top Ten Facts About Elizabeth Downing
- Elizabeth is a devoted daughter and pet owner. She's best friends with her mother, and her cat understands everything she says. Her dogs just keep the squirrel population down.
- She likes TV that isn't around anymore - Buffy, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls, Firefly, Gilmore Girls, and Soap.
- She owns several websites of her own, and is trying to work up the discipline to post to them regularly.
- She is a freelance writer. Her favorite websites to write for are http://www.verybestsites.com and http://www.bizarrebytes.com.
- She loves monkey-shaped home furnishings, everything involving William Shatner, and collecting haunted antique typewriters.
- She is a rabid Beatles fan.
- She is an avid reader, with a MA in Literature.
- Her favorite Top 10 List that she wrote is Top 10 Short Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and her favorite that she didn't write is Top 10 Funny Zombie Movie Moments.
- One time, she was a guest on the Ricki Lake Show.
- Her top 5 favorite movies are: Babe, Pig in the City, Ghostbusters, To Have and Have Not, The Long Hot Summer (the original) and Grosse Pointe Blank.
The Latest 10 Top 10 Lists by Elizabeth Downing:
- Top 10 Lifetime Original Holiday Movies of the 2000′s
- Top 10 Oscar Wilde Quotes
- Top 10 Literary Hunks
- Top 10 Halloween Symbols and What They Mean
- Top 10 Worst National Anthem Performances Ever
- Top 10 Bizarre Christmas Traditions
- 10 Things You Can Learn From Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Top 10 Quotes About New Years
- Top 10 John Cusack Movie Roles
- Top 10 Best TV Dads
It’s hard to tell, with Lifetime Movie Network showing so many OTHER movies, which ones are the actual films that Lifetime produces or distributes in the U.S. That’s what research and the internet are for. Thankfully, the best ones (or worst ones, depending on how you look at it) that I wanted to put on [...]
Oscar Wilde was an Irish playwright, poet, writer, and wit who was an integral part of the fin de siècle group of artists who made up the Aesthetic movement of the late nineteenth century. As a young man, he attended Trinity College in Dublin, and then applied for, and won, a demyship at Magdalen College [...]
We’ve all read books that we wished we could live in. Furthermore, we’ve all read books with characters we wished were real. While today’s fiction gives us characters like Noah from The Notebook, Edward from Twilight, and a host of other new literary hunks that have captured the hearts and imaginations of girls and women [...]
Halloween is upon us, and with it we see all the standard Halloween decorations and symbols – Jack O’ Lanterns, scarecrows, etc. Did you ever wonder where these symbols come from? When did Halloween actually start? Why does it mean we have to buy candy, or dress up in costumes? All your Halloween questions are [...]
2011′s Superbowl – Superbowl XLV – gave us a harsh reminder of just how bad a national anthem performance can be. Thank you Christina Aguilera. Sure, it’s a difficult song to sing. And, yes, it has a lot of words to remember. But it is the National Anthem and it is on the biggest stage [...]
Christmastime is here. We all have our own holiday traditions – in my family we watch a Christmas movie on Christmas Eve and stuff our faces. Your family might do something different. Shoot, you might even be from another country, where there are what seem (to us) like some pretty wacky traditions. Some you might [...]
On the nationally observed Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, take a second to learn a little bit about the man and his mission, and the bits of wisdom you can take from a quick look at an amazing life. 10. Sometimes things don’t always go as planned Malcolm X was not thrilled about the 1963 [...]
Every new year brings about a thoughtful look at the past. And what better way to gain more insight or guilt than to have a few quotes to increase your wisdom for this coming year. So read on and find out what a few bright minds thought about beginning a new year. Here are the [...]
With a career that spans over 25 years, John Cusack has had the chance to touch a lot of hearts – and he has succeeded in doing so. Plus, how can you help but love an actor who collaborates with family so often, and who plays such a wide range of characters. Though a “Top [...]
Father’s Day. A time to honor the men who are either our biological fathers or who have been like fathers to us. If you’re a child of the television age, some of those dad might well be TV dads. They teach us important lessons, lead us by example, spend quality time with us (and with [...]